Pages

Tuesday, October 6, 2009

A Busy Month

September was the busiest month I’ve had all year, possibly the busiest in several years. With respect to my work, I drove/ rode to Kenosha, Wisconsin for a department meeting in the middle of the month and followed that by completing the third stage of migrating two retail stores from SUPERVALU’s wide area network to a VPN.

Upon returning from the business trip, I participated in a committee meeting to help plan a reunion for the 1960 graduating class of Pontotoc High School, and attended both a pre-game get-together of classmates at a local restaurant and the homecoming football game and watched the Pontotoc Warriors defeat the Amory Panthers.

I had appointments with two physicians and my periodontist, and somehow managed to fit in a week-long vacation which included a Senior Adult Conference in Gatlinburg, Tennessee and a trip to Vicksburg, Mississippi to participate in a “roast” honoring my good friend, Jim Hess, on the occasion of his 25th Anniversary of service at First Baptist, Vicksburg. Granted, the roast was October 1, but all the preparations and memorization of material was done in September. And, if that were not enough, my last surviving uncle, Lamar Carter, and Rebecca G. Franklin, a first cousin from Dallas, Georgia were at my house the week of my vacation.

Additionally, it was my month to write the introduction for the next issue of The Bodock Post ezine/ newsletter, which was but one part of assimilating the articles and publishing the issue on the 25th of the month.

The above referenced happenings do not include the normal activities of my day-to-day work or the late afternoon’s and weekend’s yard chores. If it’s true that one can expect to be busier in retirement than in the workforce, I intend to keep working.

No comments:

About Me

My photo
I'm a native of Pontotoc, MS, and graduated Pontotoc High School in 1960. I received a BS degree in Mathematics from The University of Mississippi in 1965. My wife Barbara and I have two children and five grandchildren and two great grandchildren. We make our home in Pontotoc.